Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday - The Rain

This week, I've really struggled with being thankful for rain.  Which is weird because rain is usually my favorite type of weather next to partly cloudy in the upper 60's.

But this week, it's been difficult.  It's been rainy off and on all week.  And again, that's usually not a problem--my hair and skin do best in humid weather--but this week both my husband and brother were trying to do outdoor work!

It totally ruined Derek's Tuesday.  He had about 5 jobs that day and at least 4 of them were halted by the rain.  PJ was trying to do some aeration work.  He couldn't really even go door to door because of the weather.

And the worst part was the rain would fall like crazy, then the skies would clear look sunny and blue.  So they'd go back out again only to be stopped again by another insane shower.

This post is turning out to be more of a Complaining Thursday rather than a Thankful Thursday.  I guess the point is, even though the rain isn't helping us any, it is helping somebody.  Mostly farmers.  They're who I've been thinking of all through the rain.  Without rain, no crops.  And without crops, no food.  And I'm thankful for food, so this week, I'm thankful for rain.

Really, I am! :)

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a good reason to be thankful for rain - it means it's too warm to snow! (It rained here all night and just turned to snow this morning. I keep thinking that if it had snowed all night, we'd be buried!)

    ReplyDelete