Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Smells


This list is probably going to be a little weird, but I think it's funny to hear what other people think smells good.  That's probably weird too.
  1. Rain:  The smell of the air just before rain, during rain, and after rain.  It smells so nice and clean!

  2. Pink Erasers:  I don't know where or when this one started, but in 9th grade my best friend gave me a pink eraser for my birthday because she knew I liked them.  It's probably related to #4.

  3. New textbooks:  Whenever I was lucky enough to get a new textbook in college (I was a poor girl), I loved to flip the pages just under my nose.  There are some non-textbook books that smell great too, but not as many.

  4. New Tires:  This is admittedly the strangest one on my list.  They smell so good to me!  But I don't sniff them on cars.  Just as I'm walking out of Costco.  They have their tire center near their exit.

  5. The Heater:  I love the smell of the air the first time the heater turns on in the winter time.  It always reminds me of Christmas.  I'm not sure how to describe it.  My mom said it was the "burnt dust" that built up in the furnace, but I don't know.  That sounds nasty.

  6. Grapefruit:  Even just thinking about grapefruit makes my mouth water!  I love grapefruit, but I hardly ever get any.  I'm the only one in my family who eats them, and they come in large quantities that I can never get around.

  7. Korean Food:  I know that sounds really general, but it all smells AMAZING! Korean food uses a lot of garlic, green onions, red pepper and sesame oil (my personal favorite oil).  The combination of those ingredients is one wonderful smell!

  8. Bath and Body Works Wallflowers:  Any of these scents are heavenly!  And they're not too pricey either!

  9. Bounce Lavender Fabric Sheets:  I put two of these babies in my dryer with towels and sheets, and they smell great for at least a week!  Such a good smell!

  10. Sawdust:  This is another one that might sound weird.  The smell of sawdust reminds me of my childhood and more specifically, my dad.  He's quite the do-it-yourself-er and builds a lot of stuff with wood.  My husband is a handyman now and he builds stuff with wood, too.  It makes me happy.

5 comments:

  1. I love the smell of rain, as well. Especially right before it rains. I also love the smell of freshly mowed grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a great list. I agree with the rain, new books or textbooks and the heater. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about new book smell...

    ReplyDelete
  4. New book smell is good, but new car smell is great. Brand new house would probably smell even better, but I've never had one. This is a really great top ten list, anyone can post their own list to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, wierd or not. Happy TTT.

    ReplyDelete