Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Morning Musings - Memorial Day Fun!

Derek and I have had all kinds of fun today!  We tried to sleep in because it was a holiday, but that didn't work too well.  We both woke up by 9am.  Oh well, I guess waking up early means that we can start the fun sooner!

Then we went over to the mall in Boise.  I've been in severe need of some clothes that actually fit my body!  I have a few things in maternity sizes, but I've been noticing things not fitting quite right!  Derek was really nice and supportive about the whole trip.  Usually he complains a bit about going shopping for clothes, but this time he was really great.  I found a couple shirts, a skirt, and a new bra (**hooray**)!  I'm set!  I was hoping to find another white undershirt, but the Downeast Outfitters store didn't have any!  Darn!

After the mall, we went to Lowes to get some 2x4s and paint to make our CORNHOLE GAME!!!  Derek's brother and sister-in-law introduced us to it a few years ago, and ever since we've been wanting a set and now we've finally making it!! 

Here's a picture of one of the boards.  Derek wanted orange, but this turned out a little more CONSTRUCTION than we hoped.  Oh well, we won't miss it on the grass!  The other one is a nice yellow color.  I'm hoping that the boards will dry soon so we can play this evening!  I tried to take one of Derek working on it, but he's become a little over sensitive about how he looks when he's dirty.



And in other news, my flowers that I planted a few weeks ago and then thought were dead... AREN'T! They're so pretty!

1 comment:

  1. For pregnancy undershirts I recommend shade (actually I would recommend them over downeast for everyday as well) they just seem to wear better than the others I have found and you can sometimes get them for great deals. I think the website is shade.com. (now I don't recommend their regular everyday shirts because they seem to ball and that is just one of my pet peeves!)

    ReplyDelete