Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday

Top ten things I did this morning...

  1. Didn't take a shower:  I know,  it sounds bad but it's actually good.  Showering makes my skin extra dry so when I can get away with it I just wash my hair.  My skin feels so soft!

  2. Ate a doughnut for breakfast!:  Possibly the best thing this morning.  My brother surprised us with a box of doughnuts yesterday.  How much better of a breakfast could you get?!

  3. Changed the sheets on the bed:  I finally put our nice, deep-pocketed sheets on the bed.  Our mattress is extra thick, so some of our sheets pop off the corners.  It is not pleasant to wake up directly on the mattress!

  4. Watched the Price is Right:  My favorite show in the morning.  Derek and I like to make fun of the people who look stupid being all excited, guess wrong, or get confused.  We also cheer for the winners.  We're not totally negative! :)

  5. Vacuumed the floor:  It's starting to get warmer which means Willow is starting to shed.  She only does it once or twice a year, thankfully.  But that once or twice a year is a doozy!  It's like we've got little tumbleweeds blowing around here!

  6. Swept and mopped the kitchen:  Whenever I actually make something (with more than three ingredients), there's always a mess on the floor the next day.  I made orange chicken yesterday, and today there were multi-colored spots on the floor.  Funny how I didn't really notice it yesterday...

  7. Cleaned the kitchen counters:  I woke up this morning worried about chicken drippings on the kitchen counters, so I made sure to disinfect them with those great Chlorox wipes.

  8. Rotated laundry:  We're on day two of laundry here.  Hopefully it's just this one load left...  hopefully.

  9. Fed the cat:  As I went to hang some pants outside to dry, I noticed Willow's food bowl was completely empty.  I don't think she had noticed yet.  She still hasn't, too interested in the open windows.

  10. Did some online shopping for better maternity shirts!:  Have you noticed that all maternity shirts--that aren't crew neck t-shirts--are ridiculously low cut?  It's not like we need any more emphasis in that area!  (Rocks in my Dryer wrote a post similar to this mini-rant about the industry conspiring to make us buy two shirts instead of one.  Read it!  It's great!)  So I'm left to buy undershirts.  But maternity undershirts are ridiculously expensive everywhere.  Everywhere except DownEast Basics.  So I'm browsing some shirts that can double as a regular shirt and undershirts.  They have them for $10! 

5 comments:

  1. I love the maternity shirts from down east basics! I lived out the 3rd trimester in them. Hope they treat you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi & Chris ReeveMay 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM

    No, laundry NEVER ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree about the maternity shirts. Do they not realize that EVERYTHING gets larger? Why do we want low cut shirts?!! I own about 50 tank tops b/c of being preggo and nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that #9 made your list:). I'm sure the cat was too!!! I'm very jealous of #2 - yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Compared to my morning, yours was extremely productive!!

    ReplyDelete