Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Way Back When Wednesday - Shooting

So it's not WAY Back Wednesday now, but someday it will be.  It was only last week...

Last Wednesday, PJ, Rachel, Derek and I went shooting.  I don't remember the name of the place we went, but it was two or three exits past Sand Hollow.  It was great weather, nice and sunny but not too hot with a nice breeze.  Nevertheless, I still got an odd shaped sunburn!  It was only in one spot on my right arm, just above my elbow.  Odd, huh?

We brought my dad's three guns, a .22, a 30/30, and a 9mm.  I'm not all that into guns so I probably wrote those out wrong, but two are rifles and one is a pistol.  My brother also brought his 9mm and his BB gun (heh, heh).  And between the four of us, we had plenty of targets to shoot at.  We'd been saving all the juice bottles and such for weeks!

I was pretty proud of myself, I shot the .22 and my dad's 9mm!  AND I think I even hit one of the targets!!  About half-way through, I sort of laughed to myself and told Derek how funny it was to me that I was shooting a gun for the first time while 5 months pregnant! :D  And being pregnant, I pooped out a bit early and just took pictures.  Shooting was fun, but taking pictures was much more fun for me.


Sorry there are no pictures of me.  Wait... no, I'm not sorry.  I did that on purpose! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love shooting. It freaks me out but fun at the same time. I love pistol type guns. I once shot my uncles black powder gun. That seriously was a mistake. If you don't hold it SUPER tight to your shoulder it could probably push it out of socket. The kick back on that thing was insane.

    ReplyDelete