Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Online Recipes

I love online recipes!  I don't think I'll ever need a cookbook again!  This week, I found recipes for our favorite Chinese dishes: Orange Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, and General Tso's Chicken

And after making Orange Chicken one night, I had a genius moment...  Frying chicken isn't fun.  It's most of the work of making Orange Chicken.  The sauce is easy!  So why not just fry up a bunch of chicken cubes all at once and freeze them.  Then all I have to do is make the rice, sauce, and vegetables.  Genius I tell you!

So the next day, I got Derek to do the frying.  Don't worry, he was happy to do it.  He loves Orange Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken AND General Tso's Chicken.  Frying things in an open pot always scares me.  The oil always pops on to me, burning me and ruining my shirts (even with an apron).

That night we ate Sweet and Sour Chicken.  My dad enjoyed it so much that he went online and ordered us a fryer!  Frying up big batches--and I mean BIG bags of Costco chicken batches--will be that much easier!  :)

So there you are.  I love online recipes.

And here's the breading for the ~6 lbs of chicken that comes in a big Costco bag of Chicken.

2 C Cornstarch
2 C Flour
1 1/2 Tbs Salt
Pepper to taste

3 eggs
1 Tbs oil (I prefer sesame oil)

1 comment:

  1. Do you seriously want to fry me some too. I hate the hot oil. I always seem to get splashed. I am going to have to try those recipes.

    ReplyDelete