Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Morning Musings - Mother's Day "Fun"

I had an interesting Mother's Day yesterday.  Not bad, just interesting.  One of those days that you look back on and say, "That wasn't so bad.  Actually, that was kind of funny!"

It started at 2:00am.  I woke up to a nasty gurgling sounds, and once I really woke up, I realized that Willow was puking on our bed!  I have no idea what caused it, she's never puked before, but here she was at 2:00am PUKING ON MY BED!  Not fun.  I knew I had to clean it up so I turned the lamp on, got a wet rag and started scrubbing it off.  In the mean time, Derek didn't wake up.

Normally after being so rudely awoken in the middle of the night, I would have tried to sleep in a little, but I couldn't yesterday because I'm the ward bulletin person.  I had to make 80 copies of the bulletin I made at midnight the night before (I know, I should have made the program earlier so I could have gotten to bed earlier so that the puking thing didn't mess up my sleep that much.  But we were having fun playing Wii with our friends Nathan and Shauna Saturday night!).  So I got up at 7:00am to get ready for church and to make the copies before church at 9:00am.

After getting home from church, I figured I had better do something about the nasty spot on our bedspread before it got smelly and permanently stained.  My dad and I thought maybe it would fit in the washer, which it did, just barely.  But we decided to give it a go anyways.  About 10 minutes into the wash cycle, we start to hear this steady clang, clang clang!  My bedspread was so big and poofy that it was pushing the washer lid open as the washer agitated (is that the right word?)!  My dad pushed it down, and it started to work better.

When the washer finished, we went to put the bedspread in the dryer.  It definitely wouldn't fit.  Well, it would fit in, but wouldn't actually get dry so we chose to hang it over some chairs on the patio. We also noticed that because of it's synthetic poofy-ness, most of the bedspread didn't get throughly wet, meaning it didn't wash very well.  It was about at that time that we noticed a bunch of water on the floor!  The bedspread didn't fit in the washer that well after all...  I guess that's what we get for doing laundry on Sunday!

So looking back on it, I learned three important lessons.
1.  If it doesn't look like it's going to fit in the washer, DON'T PUT IT IN THERE!
2.  Don't do laundry on Sundays
3.  Things are always funny the next day.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is only funny because it didn't happen to me. And I have a front loader washer.

    I'm so sorry about the puking on you when you are sleeping. how TERRIBLE!

    ReplyDelete