Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Things I'd do in the Mornings


The weather is so nice and cool right now!  It's been a bit hot the last couple of days, so I'm really loving it.  Today's list is the 10 things I'd like to do in the cool morning IF I got up early enough...

  1. Take a walk around the neighborhood. This on is self-explanatory.  It's too hot during the day to enjoy a walk, so mornings are best.

  2. Read a book outside. I saw a commercial for Werthers when I was a kid.  There was a lady sitting outside on her porch with a bowl of Werthers candy and a book.  For some reason that was really appealing to me even as a kid (The book part, not the big bowl of Werthers.  I could never understand why one woman would have a huge bowl of Werthers!).  I remember even thinking that that was what I wanted to do when I was grown up!

  3. Mow the lawn.  So this one is not so much me, but my husband.  But it does seem like something I would do in the morning... if I did it.

  4. Do yoga on the back patio.  I have a nice, covered patio in our backyard, and it's fairly private.  This one could be fun!

  5. Gardening.  I'm not sure how into gardening I'll ever get, but I'm trying to get my flowers to grow right.  The next step is planting vegetables or even fruits.  Someday!

  6. Grocery shopping.  This one seems weird because it's not actually outside, but I really HATE loading up the car when it's hot!

  7. Meditate.  I've never actually tried, unless you count when my mind wanders off during my personal prayers... oops!  But I've heard really good things about it.  Supposedly it relieves stress.  Couple that with the relaxing outdoors, and I've got a winner!

  8. Have a breakfast cookout.  My favorite part of camping is cooking; either over a fire or on a portable stove.  Either way, it's outside when it's not too hot.  The only downside of camping for me is the sleeping outdoors and the sub-par bathrooms/showers (if the campground has any).  Maybe I should invest in an RV?

  9. Open all the windows to let the house air out.  This one I usually get to because our house has great shade over the front window and the back window.  The air coming in stays cool for a lot longer once the sun comes up.

  10. Yard Sale-ing!!.  I've been a yard sale junkie this season... a picky yard sale junkie.  Our house is already stuffed with stuff, but we still need some baby things, and they are so CHEAP at yard sales!

4 comments:

  1. I love #3 "seems like something you would do ... if you did it" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A breakfast cookout sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to open all the windows this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yard sales are the best. I keep meaning to give them to you... my neighbors were having one last weekend. I picked up two little girl clothes for you. Yard sales are the only way to go with kids.

    ReplyDelete