Saturday, October 4, 2008

Project Gutenberg

I had heard of Project Gutenberg before, but I hadn't looked at it seriously until today.  It is great!  There's so much stuff!  You can read e-books online or download them for free!  There's also audiobooks, classical music, and sheet music! I am impressed.

Reading books online isn't my favorite thing to do.  I'd much rather hold a book, even a super-heavy, hardback one.   But the audiobooks will be great!  The only drawback with Project Gutenberg is the number of books.  There aren't THAT many.  It's kind of like Netflix's watch instantly selection, not too hot, not too cold.

I'm thinking this will be great for TJ Hirst's reading challenge

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    Send me a list of the ones they have that are also on your list. I'm trying to pick a book to announce on Tuesday and want something relatively short for the first one, but one that is on all three of our lists - Mine, yours, and Rebbecca from Thrilled by The Thought. Send recommendations to my email.

    ReplyDelete