Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for prayer and natural sugars.

I have been having some irrational anxiety lately, and for a couple of days this week, it's been quite overpowering.  It's a little frustrating because there isn't anything TERRIBLY wrong in my life.  I have your normal, average trials at the moment (is there a normal or average trial?), nothing extremely overwhelming.  So I couldn't figure out why I was feeling SO UPSET!

While I was on the verge of tears the other evening, I realized that I hadn't prayed specifically about my anxiety, and BOY, should I have done that sooner!  Almost imediately, I felt no anxiety. 

And then again, yesterday, I was starting to feel a little crazy, like everything was impossible, and there was no way to move forward.  Then I saw a big bowl of red grapes.  I ate some.  I felt better.

So, moral of the story?  Next time you feel sad or upset, pray and eat grapes!

Photo courtesy of, Editor At Large, Wikimedia Commons, CCL

7 comments:

  1. low blood sugar can make you cranky and restless (among other things, I'm sure). Natural sugars are the best cure; keep some fruit around! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. It was just what I needed to hear today. Those grapes look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grapes and your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel!!! you are so cute, i like to pray and eat grapes too! i would try doing both at the same time but i would probably choke. I have not talked to you in forever! what have you been up to? and which of these blogs do you use the most often, hope you get this, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-)! I am so glad the grapes and prayer helped you to feel better. Maybe we can work on helping you get more sleep too! (That always helps me when I start feeling like that!) Sorry for keeping you two up so late night after night! We love having you over and playing, but we will do better to help you get home sooner too. We want to take good care of you! What are you doing for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really appreciate it!

    The grapes do look good! Too bad the ones I had weren't so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I will remember the natural sugars next time I am cranky, and the prayers too of course :) Great post :)

    ReplyDelete