Monday, October 6, 2008

Television and Movie Mondays

As a lot of you know, this past weekend was the 178th Semi-Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It's a wonderful 5 part conference where the leaders of our church teach and instruct us and the world.

LOVED IT!!!  Especially the two Saturday sessions.  I was so grateful for all the talks on hope in troubled times.  It was especially comforting because few of them specifically mentioned the state of the economy, and NONE of them said, told you so!

We were also able to spend time with friends and family during conference.  Saturday morning we spent with my parents, and Saturday afternoon and evening we spent with our friends the Ortons.  Tanya was so kind to teach me and Derek how to make and can applesauce!  So much fun!  Then, after the afternoon session, we made an apple pie.  Derek was VERY happy to say the least!

On Sunday, we had a nice relaxing morning watching Conference in our pjs.  It's nice to have mornings like that.  Then we went back to my parents' house hoping to catch the Bodilys (friends from when my family lived in Orem, UT), but they had already left. :(  But my brother was there visiting from Rexburg!  Yay!  We all watched the last session of conference together.  Very inspiring.

Its always interesting that even though the speakers are not assigned a topic, they never speak on exactly the same thing.  Each talk is different, but are often related.  I really heard this on Saturday.  It seemed like all the speakers had gotten together beforehand and said, let's all talk about hope but not say the same thing.  Did any of you who watched it hear that as well?

I am definitely going to go back and read all the talks all over again, and again when the Conference edition of the Ensign comes out in November! 

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Saturday sessions also. I agree they all seemed to be about hope. Great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. conference was great! Thanks for your comment it made me laugh, i totally remember the time you scared the mess out of me at youth conference my ghostly friend:)!! How are you? What have you been up to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conference was so uplifting this session. Also there was a lot that I need to improve on!

    ReplyDelete