Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Family

I am so grateful for family this week!  My parents were lucky enough to have my brother AND my Aunt and Uncle come to visit.  It was exactly what we needed, fresh blood to liven up our lives!

I already posted about my brother coming.  In short, it was GREAT!  He's always a ton of fun to have around.  Good for some laughs.  He's probably going to kill me for posting this next story, but then again, maybe not he has a good sense of humor about himself and I'm not sure he knows I have a blog! 

Anyways, we were all sitting in the living room watching Conference this last weekend.  PJ got up to get something out of his car.  When he came back inside, he stood facing opposite of us and put on his hoodie.  Or rather tried.  As he was putting it on, my first thought (and everyone else's in the room) was, huh, he's got a pocket on the back too?  Then he laughed a little and turned around to face us.  He had put his hoodie on backwards and the hood was over his head completely covering his face!  We all laughed long and hard about that one.  We didn't let him forget it for a while either!

I love my Aunt and Uncle!  They are both so easy to be with and so funny!  We are lucky to have them in our family! 

It's a tradition in our family that whenever any family members on my mom's side get together, we always play cards.  Usually Sets and Runs  It's a nicer version of Phase 10. Over the years my liking for the game has fluxuated.  This visit I wasn't feeling to into it and Derek and I had just learned a new game called Descending Rook and I was excited to teach it to my family.  Turns out they already mostly knew the game, just needed refreshers.  It was SO FUN!  And it was much, much, MUCH faster than Sets and Runs! :)

So there's what I'm thankful for.  Quality family and quality family time!

2 comments:

  1. :-) Glad you had such a fun time with them!! Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time! It is always great when we hang out with family!

    ReplyDelete